Friday, November 30, 2007

7 days and counting!!

He's doing it!! He's gone 7 days without having an accident in his pullup! I think Andy may finally be on his way to being toilet trained. He's had times before when he's used the potty here and there, but still sometimes pooped in his diaper. He hasn't had a single accident in a week. This is about so much more than just potty training. This opens up options to him academically and allows for some time being mainstreamed in Kindergarten next year. This lets him do more activities with neurotypical peers. For every child it is a sign of becoming more independent and growing up, but for my Roo it is all that and more. I can't begin to explain how happy I am about this. Mr. Geek's idea of using Rob as a model teacher has worked brilliantly. I told Rob this morning what a great teacher he has been. He looked at me seriously and said "Mom, I can't be a poop teacher when I grow up, just a substitute in a classroom." The kid cracks me up. Way to go, Mr. Andy on your awesome achievements!!

No comments: