Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Scrappy Budget Time

It's a really good thing almost no new products in the scrap industry interest me. Really, nothing is floating my boat. So this must be a good time to set myself a budget-$25. I will not be looking at new product release threads on message boards and I am canceling all magazine subscriptions that try to sell me new product. I have too much product as it is already. $25 allows me to buy a stamp or two, some cardstock, some ink, adhesive, or something like that. I don't need any more patterned paper or embellies. I really want to scale back and go more and more simple, even though I've always been a clean lines sort of scrapper. I'm also pretty disgusted with the packaging of embellishments and the associated costs, environmental and financial.

So I don't have the latest products...who cares. It's all about the memories, it's not a fashion show, at least to me. I've never been a trendy sort of person, why have I been that way with my scrapbooking? 2008, the year of living more simply, cutting back. spending less time on line and more time with my family and exercising and getting healthier still.

No comments: