Monday, August 27, 2007

Me vs. Primer, etc.


Well, the kids are back to school. I was VERY disappointed to arrive at my youngest guy's school and discover his teacher WASN'T THERE. She may not be back. Apparently, she didn't pass a consitution test and because of NCLB, can't come back until she does. And apparently she has to take an entire class on it because she failed the test the first time. So my son has a sub in his class. Again. I wonder if he'll ever start a school year with a regular teacher in his class. We just love his teacher. On a good note, the sub seems very competent and the aides are the same, so I think he'll settle into class nicely. It's hard to get IEP goals met and worked on with the lack of continuity though. I'm trying to figure out what my next move should be. My first thought last year was to jump ship, but this year he has friends in class and knows the aides, so I'm not sure that's the right idea.

As for my eldest, he just gave me a hug and walked away to the playground. I'm thinking about him and his long school day and hoping all is going well. It sure was a busy scene over there this morning.

Ok, now for the title subject of my post today. I primed the darn Andersen window. I know you must be thinking, it's JUST a window. It isn't just a window. It's a very irritating, complex, moving pieces of hardware and inaccessible wood surfaces sort of window frame. I was cursing it, wishing we had put in one of those cheap plastic or aluminum framed windows so I didn't have to paint it. My hands are covered in primer. And I had no relief in thinking, hey, after almost 2 hours, I'm done. I will have to go through it all again tomorrow when I paint it with regular paint. :( Depressing. I'd rather be painting chipboard letters. I wouldn't mind spending 2 hours doing that. Maybe I can get a bumper sticker that says "I'd rather be painting chipboard." Or "My painted chipboard is prettier than your painted chipboard."

So, a bit of scrap talk to finish things off. Hmmmm, I am using some of the Imagination Project Rawhide paper and stuff to make a county fair page. I have some other projects I'd like to work on as well. Maybe I can get to one today. You can see one I did on Saturday here on my blog page. I scrapped some awesome pics of swallows at Redwoods National Park with the new My MInd's Eye Bohemia papers. I have quite the collection of Bohemia papers and embellishments. Please ignore the non-swallow bird that was printedon the paper. I think it's supposed to be some kind of wren or maybe a finch. Hard to tell exactly.

What kind of geek scraps pictures of birds? Me! I have also been known to scrap pictures of rocks. I'm waiting to find a good slime mold somewhere so I can photograph and scrap that too. ;) What can I say? I've already got banana slug pictures waiting to be scrapped, but nobody has come out with a "slimy things found in forests" paper line. I bet it's in the cards for Karen Foster come spring.

No comments: