Sunday, August 26, 2007

Welcome to my Odyssey!



Welcome to my Odyssey! This, the 26th day of August in the year 2007, seems like a good day for the journey to begin. I've been wanting to do this for a while. You see, I like to ramble. I also like to scrapbook. But there's one thing I do better than anything else: collect scrapbook supplies.

This week I acquired some new My MInd's Eye Bohemia papers and transparencies and new Basic Grey. I just feel so good looking at these papers. It's blazing hot outside, and the cool fall tones make it seem like it's fall outside. I have tons of beach pictures to scrap from our Oregon Coast trip, but I have new fall papers. It's an addiction, I'm allowed to be irrational. ;)

Today Mr. Geek and I took the kids to the beach. It was high tide, but we still saw harbor seals and plenty of birds. You see, we also like to watch birds. It's not something we've done much of since having kids. Our boys have this way of scaring off birds. They run ahead of us on the trail...yelling, shrieking, bickering...and the birds take off. Imagine. So we see a lot of birds flying away from us, and we see lots of birds faraway on the horizon. Eventually, we hope, we'll be able to actually watch them in peace again.

One final thought for the day-I'm positively giddy with excitement over tomorrow! My oldest son goes to first grade. That's right. ALL DAY. My 4 year old will be in school AT THE SAME TIME. I will actually have several hours to myself each day. Giddy, I tell you! Pure unadulterated scrapping hours! This is as close as it gets to nirvana for me. Never mind the cleaning, the work getting the kitchen prepped for Friday, the errands, etc. I choose not to think about that part.

Well, it's time to wrap this baby up. Back to the family and the dinner tasks at hand. You know, heating up stuff.

No comments: