Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Some like it Hot! (just not me)


So, it is HOT here today. It's only a 5-7 minute walk to the school but we were drenched in sweat by the time we arrived. The fact the air conditioning came on at 5 am was a sign of bad things to come as well. I just can't stand the heat. We've had it pretty nice this summmer, so i shouldn't complain too much.

I finally finished a layout I started 2 or 3 weeks ago for a glitter challenge I created at Scrappin Chicks. I like how it turned out. I finally finished another one as well. I didn't end up painting the window again today, Mr. Geek told me not to. I said ok. I didn't want the window open on a 100+ day anyway.

I'm going to have a six year old in a few days. Wow, almost 6 years of being a mom. Sometimes it feels like I've been doing this for 20 years and other times it feels like yesterday. I suspect this is pretty common.

I've got a a busy next few days getting things ready for Friday's installation, going to the post office, shopping for the party at various stores, etc. I also realized I don't have a gift for my kid yet. Nice! I just haven't been able to think of anything that he would really like AND would use a lot and needs. We have so many toys and stuff. He also has plenty of art supplies. I tend to buy them little things as they need them or at random times, so I don't feel too bad. I also know other people will give him things.

I can't wait for a sink and countertop! Then it will seem like a real kitchen and I can finish putting all the boxes of kitchen stuff away. Signing off for now...hopefully I'm more interesting next time.

No comments: