Thursday, August 30, 2007

Baby's going to be 6!


Tomorrow morning at 5:54, my baby will be 6. I can't believe this! We've got the cookie treats ready for school. I can't believe I didn't make them myself as I never get storebought cookies, but with no sink and no countertop, I wasn't going to bake cookies. That and the fact I have no idea where my baking staples are. :( I also know enough to never subject a teacher to cupcakes and frosting. Anyone who has ever taught school cringes at the sight of cupcakes and frosting for 5 and 6 year olds. Or older kids, for that matter. Maybe the only thing worse is some nice grape juice or Hawaiian punch to go along with it.

Tomorrow, in addition to being my son's birthday is also countertop and sink day. This will greatly improve life in this house. We haven't had a sink or counter since mid June. It's getting really old. I'll be happy to use that laundry tub for its intended purpose. I'll be glad to not buy prepackaged foods and other ecologically problematic items any more. Sink!! Counter!! What more does a mom need, anyway?

I did another scrapbook page when I should have been doing other things. What's new? I did do 6 errands this morning, it's not like I was all that idle. I used up some older Imagination Project-Rawhide papers and those coaster rings I can't get enough of. I think every company should make those rings to coordinate with their paper lines. This particular page is from our Oregon trip and our visit to the Curry County fair, where Rob wanted to go meet Wilbur. Rob's favorite book ever, to date, is Charlotte's Web. The boy has very good taste. I was happy to share that story with him as it's one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yay, you're blogging! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROB!!

Love the scrapbook pages! Almost makes me feel guilty I haven't touched my books in a year. Almost. I think I have four pages done of Hutton's life. Yeah. I'll catch up any day now.