Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Mean Squirrel

I don't think I've posted about the mean squirrel that lives in one of our palm trees. We had a baby squirrel fall out of the tree about 3 weeks ago, and then the body vanished about 3 days later, leaving only a small amount of fur. We thought this was weird. The baby was awfully cute too. Too bad really.

This leads me to the mean squirrel. We hadn't encountered this squirrel before the baby dropping out of the palm tree incident, but she/he has been there every day since...hissing, chattering, and giving us the evil eye almost every day since. She even ran at Mr. Geek one time and he kicked at M.S., he was afraid it would bite him. It's like he/she is mad at at us for taking the baby away, we can't figure it out. M.S. is acting through the grief perhaps...going through the Kubler-Ross stages of death and dying and grief. I hope M.S. is through soon...I am getting pretty tired of the hissing, etc. every time I take the garbage out or take the kids to the car.

No comments: