Saturday, September 15, 2007

What I have learned in the last 36 years...

This topic is part of a challenge at Rocky Mountain Hobbies and it got me thinking...thought I'd journal some thoughts here.

I've learned that:

having kids is the best and toughest experience I'll probably ever have
I can live without tv (but not movies)
chocolate is its own food group
college really is better than high school in every way
it's a good idea to choose a vocation and not just be the liberal arts major
my mom is a cooler person than I thought she was
my dad really did know more than I did as a teenager
travel broadens your outlook on life
a camera is a great sidekick
homemade ice cream is better than store bought
root beer is my favorite carbonated beverage
love is complicated and not always lovey and romantic
knowledge is power
not everyone thinks the same way I do (thank goodness)
laughter is good medicine
hormones control the universe

1 comment:

twinsand2boys said...

Great lessons learned...this wouldve been good on a layout for RMHs contest last month!