Wednesday, October 24, 2007

10 years of California

My decade mark for life in California passed sometime in late August. It's hard to believe I've been here for 10 years. A lot has happened. I met my husband, I got a teaching credential, I've lived in 9 HOMES (good grief) and have had two children. That's a lot to do in 10 years. And while I miss Washington, there are a lot of things to like about California, and to dislike, Here's my list in progress:

LIKES:
weather
geology
Mt. Diablo
Marin Headlands & Golden Gate
Mt. Shasta
Yosemite
Mono Lake
beaches...so many great ones!
Sierras
Sequoias
Redwoods
Lake Tahoe
Yuba River
Feather River
Bridgeport (ahhhhh, I miss it so much it hurts!!)
The Cal Academy
Oakland Zoo
Monterey Aquarium
Glass Mountain
Burney Falls




DISLIKES:
weather (it made both lists, I hate the summers here, too hot!)
people (there are exceptions of course, but overall)
Berkeley
fancy cars and wealth flashed before your eyes every single day
traffic (need I say more)
Caldecott tunnel
The Maze
Bridge tolls and lines
cost of real estate
schools (underfunded, unapppreciated and overcrowded)
refineries everywhere

1 comment:

Charleneanne said...

as a native California, I appreciate your likes list, but some of your dislikes list . . . . well particularly the people one. lol