Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ok, so it's been a while


Slacker! Yes, me. It's just that I get caught up doing stuff and I forget.

We're still without a regular teacher at Andy's school. I am still really p.o.'d about that but there's not a lot I can do. They are supposedly looking, nobody seems to meet the requirements exactly. The district tells us they are supposed to hire a new sub every 20 days, and showed us the ed code stating that this indeed is the law. What kind of stupid law does this to autistic kids?? Good freaking lord. This could seriously happen the ENTIRE YEAR, and it would be perfectly legal. Never mind that a teacher with the correct credentials from another state WANTED to be there. I can't stand red tape, but especially red tape that gets in the way of my children's education. What a stupid law. Aren't laws made to be broken?? Rob still doesn't have the regular speech therapist either...they keep saying they have someone coming in October. Well, it's October. He still hasn't had a speech class to my knowledge. I am pretty angry about things in this district right now. I think they actually want to do the right things, but geez. I am pleased about the new psychologist at school (she is a tremendous improvement over last year, who blamed me for everything...hmmm, that's pretty outdated!) and the OT we love. This OT has really helped change Rob's life. We "heart" Mr. Torrez!

Rob had his first Tiger Cub den meeting last night. I think things went all right. He sure looked cute in his uniform!! He was pretty excited about it all as well. I am hoping it will provide the realistic social group skills that he needs. It's also good that he has an activity to do with Dad (Mr. Geek) that he enjoys.

As for scrapping, I seem to have stopped buying for the time being (insert dh's YAY here) and am focused on scrapping. I have made a lot of 2 page layouts with lots of pics lately. It does drain the pic pile more quickly when you put 14 pics on. I am also trying to use a lot of older stash...a lot of old Paper Loft lately in particular. How could I have forgotten about my Paper Loft? Love those heavyweight papers and th weathered and worn paper designs and colors. That Nautical collection was a bit of perfection. The layout at the top was using up some of that wonderful Vibe collection from CI...such playful beach papers, rub ons, etc.

I can't close my Crop in Style binder full of thickers and remarks stickers...please, help me. It's serious.

No comments: