Monday, October 22, 2007

Howdy again, blog!



Next week is Halloween. Wow, October is my favorite month and it's speeding by so quickly. I like fall. I like the cooler days and the bite of the early morning. I like the changing of the leaves. I like that no one is really sick yet with the crud that seems to plague my children and everyone else I know from November through March. I really liked the modified year round schedule we had at my old school that gave us 3 weeks off in October...the most perfect month for vacation days, in my humble opinion. I also like taking the kids to the pumpkin patch and gettng a glimspe of the gorgeous Indian corn and the funky gourds. Andy picks out a gourd every year...ever since his 2nd fall. He was too little to care his 1st fall, but he's loved them ever since. I know it's just the something to carry routine that he's so attached to, but the boy does love his gourds. We keep them too, they make great maracas later on.

Our gorgeous tree (liriodendron tulipifera) is at its peak right now. I had to include a pretty pic of it with this post.

I had this crazy idea to plant a bunch of bulbs. Hundreds of them, actually. I planted muscari, daffodils, and tulips. It's been a lot of digging in less than ideal soil and more work than I actually wanted to do. I'm hoping it all works out in the spring and is worth it. The kids weren't much help, but I think they liked doing it.

I am reminded while typing here that fall is the beginning of split finger season. That's when I develop cracks and splits on my fingertips and around my fingernails. Ugh, there's something not to love about this time of year. It makes typing and wiriting more painful. :(

Instead of scrapping today (just wasn't feeling the spark) I decided to start organizing my piles of pictures. This is a monumental task that will take HOURS. I watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy while organizing, it helped to pass the time. I can't get over HOW MANY pictures I have. I feel like I have scrapped a lot of them, and I have. I can't believe how many I still have. I need to start getting rid of some that aren't so great. I am trying to organize them by theme, as this seems to be how I scrap these days. All of them have dates on the back as well.

Off to make some tasty lasagna for dinner! Yummy! Mr. Geek will be thrilled, it's one of his favorites, other than lamb shanks.

1 comment:

Charleneanne said...

Yep Ms. Geek, I too love October. It is the best especially in your area of the world. It might make nearly 80 but not hot degrees in the daytime and then get down to a flannel sheet 46 that night. Your pictures are lovely indeed.
pssst I love raking too